Legal Aid Alberta (LAA) is thrilled to announce a client call back feature has been introduced in our Client Contact Centre in an effort to improve the client experience. Clients now have the option to request a call back from Legal Aid Alberta as an alternative to waiting on hold, and they will keep their position in the queue.
“This enhancement means that clients will be able to save their valuable cell phone minutes instead of waiting on hold,” says Lori Haughian, Vice President of Justice Services. “One of our strategic priorities is to be innovative in the way we deliver services to clients and we want to ensure there are no barriers to quick, effective and appropriate legal representation for eligible Albertans. This technology allows us to do that.”
Legal Aid Alberta would like to extend a big thanks to Cisco Systems, the networking hardware company who developed the technology for the call back feature.
The new call-back process will follow these steps:
- Client calls into LAA and is placed in one of the Callback enabled queues.
- While on hold, the client will hear their position in queue followed by an option to remain in queue or leave a number that they can be reached at while maintaining their position in queue.
- If the call back option is selected, the client is prompted for a number that they can be reached at.
- After successfully entering a 10 digit number and confirming it, the system will hang up on the client and queue a callback for the client.
- A LAA staff member will call the client back at the number provided to complete their assessment.
This change comes on the heels of several other recent client journey improvements to our phone system, including the streamlining of our privacy statement and terms and conditions, and the elimination of the requirement for clients to enter their date of birth prior to speaking with a legal services officer.
Since implementation only 2 weeks ago, there have been nearly 2000 callback requests from our clients with a successful callback connection rate of 78%.